Choose Why study in Canada?, and you’ll have the opportunity to encounter vastly different cultural and natural experiences – from the ski slopes of British Columbia to the prairie province of Manitoba, with cities such as Toronto, Montréal, Vancouver and Quebec famously friendly, tolerant and multicultural.
- Quality and internationally recognized degrees: Canada places a lot of importance to education and maintains very high standards in education. A degree acquired from Canadian universities in recognized globally and is valued highly in the international job market. Canada is renowned for its research-intensive universities. Canada is ranked 4th in the world for scientific research.
- Education and Scholarship: Canada is one of the best places to pursue your higher studies and the country attracts thousands of students each year from abroad. The country provides world class education which is recognized globally. Degree from a Canadian university is considered of great value which is equivalent to US, Australia and other European Countries. Both the Government and Universities provide benefits especially for the students to pursue their studies successfully. The high academic standard and quality education help the students to come out of the universities with flying colours. International students can gain valuable education at a very low fees compared to other countries across the globe. Not only fees but also the scholarship opportunities reduce the expenses and you will get the best education at minimal fees. Even though the number of universities is less compared to US, the education standard of most universities is on par with universities of US and Europe.
- Job Opportunities: Canada is one of the few nations that offer job opportunities to students who have graduated from Canadian Universities and have obtained a Canadian degree. In fact, after finishing their studies, international students can work in Canada for up to 3 years.
- Beautiful place and Environment: Students not only can feed their minds but also feast their eyes with the beauty of Canada. Canada attracts large number of tourists each year who visit the astonishing places and enjoy the beauty of nature. Students enjoy exploring nature, wildlife and many other amusement parks. Students in coastal line can enjoy the views of Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean. The neat and clean environment of Canada adds beauty to the place. Students in Canada for higher education can take time off to visit the tourist spots in Canada.
- The United Nations ranked Canada as one of the best places in the world to live!: This assessment was based upon Canada’s achievements in terms of educational attainment, life expectancy, national income and general quality of life. It also took into consideration Canada’s abundance of fresh water, comfortable population density, low incidence of violent crime and model health care system.
- Values and Culture: Every year Canada invites thousands of immigrants from all over the world. Canada has become a home for a number of students who come for their higher education. Students forget the thought that they are away from their home and they feel like they are in their home country. Old immigrants and people will be very helpful for the new immigrants arriving in Canada for higher education. People respect each other with a smile whether you know them or not. Canada ensures that people’s customs and traditions are preserved, also the value and dignity of people are respected.
- Care and Safety: The Government and Universities plays an important role for the safety of students inside the university and across the country. Starting from health care to security, necessary measures will be taken to keep students safe. Students enjoy all sorts of freedom and government ensures protection with respect to human rights, equality that help the society to be peaceful. Medical insurance is very inexpensive in almost every hospital in Canada. Canada has been considered as one of the best places to live by the United Nations consistently for the past eight years.
- You will find a new home, no matter where you are from: Canada became the first country to officially declare multiculturalism as a policy through the establishment of the 1971 Multiculturalism Policy of Canada, which affirms the rights of all citizens regardless of race, ethnic origin, language or religion. This ideology results in a harmonious environment rich in cross-country respect, as well as constantly rising rates of naturalization.
Various reasons to study in Canada are:
- Canadian universities are known for being consistently high quality and for offering internationally accepted degrees and credentials; some are ranked in the top 100 by reputable sources as The Times Higher Education Supplement and Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Various specialization programs under diploma, degree, post graduate diploma are offered at around 200 institutions nationwide and, tuition is generally much lower than in other leading study abroad countries. Students can pursue their studies at one of Canada’s top universities for roughly half of what it would cost to attend an equally reputable program at a private US university.
- International students can expect to be assisted in their university studies by such resources and services as orientation sessions, support programs, academic advising, prayer rooms, safewalk programs, student clubs, and assistance with medical concerns or housing issues.
- International students can often work while they study and take advantage of many cooperative education and internship opportunities. There are also immigration programs that international students may qualify after graduation.